Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Market day at the Antipolo Public Market

We start the month of May with something about Antipolo. Only, this is not about its famous church but about the market. It was quite some time since my last trip to the market in our city. I had written about this market before but here are some more recent photos mostly around my "suki" vendors. Here are some snapshots during one of my recent trips to the market.

Vegetables, spices, etc. at our "suking" vendor
The are a one-stop shop for me and I can always get good prices. They are my reliable source for shiitake mushrooms and asparagus, which I could not get from other vendors at the market.
There's corn, lemons, ginger and practically everything in the "Bahay Kubo" song.
Fish variety at one of my "suki" vendors
I also have a "suki" for my shrimps and prawns
I usually of to the market early in the morning (around 6:00 AM) of either Saturday or Sunday so I can avoid the crowds. One time I was a bit late (7:30 AM), it still wasn't so crowded.
I also have "suki" vendor for kakanin. Here are various rice-based delicacies like puto sa bilao, sapin-sapin and bibingka.

-

No comments: