Friday, May 25, 2018

Olma manual wind vintage watch

One of our favorite vintage watch auctions featured a double and a good friend and I decided to share the bid and watches. The two were both manual wind Olma watches, and looked like they were in good condition. My first vintage Swiss watch was an Olma not counting my Swatch collection that has 25-year old models.

Classic watch face featuring lumed hands (they still glow once the lights are off)
Side view
Another side view of the watch
The watch's back showing it to have the following features: anti-magnetic, waterproof, incabloc, stainless steel. Fortunately, there were no other stuff etched at the back of the watch (the other one didn't either).
The watch crown features the Olma logo (signed crown).

I have not opened the watch to see the movement but this is likely one of those with 18,000 bph. I have timed it only once so far and it performed very well with only a very slight gain over the period I observed it. That period turned out to be a very solid 55.5 hours.

-

No comments: