Sunday, March 10, 2019

Kureji Sizzling Ramen

There is a ramen restaurant just across Medical City where a cluster of buildings host business processing outsourcing (BPO) offices.  There was a Japanese-themed bakeshop that served good coffee and even better cakes and pastries but it was gone. Now there is only the ramen restaurant. The wife had eaten there before but said it seemed too spicy for her. But she was willing to give it another try and perhaps order another item from their menu. Our daughter and I were already hungry and we had wanted to eat so we decided to have our late lunch at the restaurant before going back to the clinic for our daughter's check-up.

Recommended dishes, which I assume are their specialties
I was amused by the interiors, which featured this divider with the familiar figurines.
Their take on the classic chicken karaage
Their miso ramen for the wife - they served it sizzling and the soup to be added a while after.
Shoyu ramen for me - the stone bowl was very hot and staff make sure customers knew of this
Another photo of their interior showing tables and another blackboard

The ramen was okay but I guess I am not accustomed to the spiciness including the aftertaste. I've eaten spicy ramen before in other restaurants' tantanmen as well as the stylized one with Wrong Ramen but this was not as enjoyable as those. We also found the pork to be quite tough. I was expecting it to be soft and easy to chew like the char shiu in other ramen (e.g., Ikkoryu, Ramen Nagi, etc.). I am not even sure if this was actually their take on ramen. If it were, I would suggest they rethink their recipe considering they are basically the only legit ramen restaurant in the immediate area of Medical City.
-

No comments: