Sunday, March 17, 2019

Market days in Antipolo

My early Saturday mornings are usually reserved for a trip to the market. I do this so I can get our week's supply of seafood and vegetables. I also usually get eggs and fruits (mainly bananas) that's good for the week. Once or twice a month, I also get our supply of dried fish. These are usually danggit, dulong, tuyo and squid that we enjoy over breakfast. You know, that's the typical Filipino silog breakfast.

Seafood - always part of my market list are various fishes including galunggong, tanguigue and tuna. I also usually buy shrimps (sometimes prawns if we plan to have grilled prawns like when we are hosting lunch or dinner among family and friends).
There's a lot to choose from in terms of vegetables, tubers, etc. Our suking vegetable stand also sells very good quality daing na bangus (milkfish) and I typically buy 2 packs of 3 each from them. These are already marinated and ready for frying.
I don't usually go to the meat and poultry section as we get our meats from the supermarket. Beef, pork and chicken are usually bought from either of two supermarkets we favor for our other groceries. I'm posting photos on the market from time to time. I am usually early (around 6 AM) so that its not yet crowded and I have first dibs on the merchandise (hindi pa napagpilian).
-

No comments: