Saturday, March 23, 2019

Longines Ultra-Chron vintage watch

I almost forgot about this watch that I acquired late last year. It replaced another Longines that I already gave as a gift to my sister. This one's also an automatic but more special considering it is an Ultra-Chron model. Chron here stands for chronometer.

The watch has a date feature and roman numerals for the 12th, 6th and 9th hours.
Close-up of the dial - ultra-chron stands for ultra chronometer
Signed crown
Case back
This is a 20 micron gold-plated watch
A wrist shot of this classic piece
A photo of the movement the last time I had the watch serviced last December 2018.
Another, clearer view of the movement that runs at 36,000 A/h.
I only have two "hi-beat" watches running at 36,000 beats per hour. These are my King Seiko 4502, a manual wind watch, and this Ultra-Chron, which is an automatic watch. This works fine and perfect for special occasions that require one's timepiece to be more elegant than rugged, especially with formal wear like the Barong Tagalog. You can argue all you want about a diver or G-Shock being a statement with formal wear but to me it only shows you have no style. Ah meron pala - baduy! :)
-

No comments: