Thursday, May 30, 2019

Vintage Anker manual wind watch

I have this vintage Anker watch from the 1950s (the previous owner claimed it to be from 1955). It is
German-made and one of those produced in the old German Democratic Republic or East Germany. These were very good quality watches and I am not surprised it is still in very good condition as shown in the following photos including one of the movement.

Watch dial showing no day or date complications
Side view showing the crown
The other side view
Watch case back
Photo of the movement, which I have yet to identify

This is actually one of the watches I could spare from my collection. Don't get me wrong as it is a good watch and still reliable after I timed it to run for more than 42 hours on a full wind, and it gained only a few seconds over this period. I hope it finds a new owner who would be able to use it more than me.
-

No comments: