Thursday, October 17, 2019

Chocolate review: Leonidas chocolcates and Milk 30% Salted Caramel

I already stated before that we don't usually get milk chocolates unless we have some idea that these would be really good. In this case, Leonidas is a brand that has some sentimental value to me as the first box of chocolates I gave to the Clairvoyant was a box of Leonidas pralines that I bought at a shop at the Landmark mall in the Minato Mirai 21 district in Yokohama, Japan. The latter city was my home for 3 years in the 1990s when I was studying in Japan. I written about this chocolate a couple of years ago and the wife picked up a couple of Leonidas bars at the airport en route back home.

Milk chocolate containing 30% cacao and salted caramel
Details on the chocolate at the back of the package
It is good to know that Leonidas is part of a group that advocates for sustainable cocoa
Nutrition information
The chocolate is wrapped in foil

The fact that this is a milk chocolate and had salted caramel meant that this tended to be on the sweet side. Still, this was quite enjoyable for us though the wife only had some small portions to nibble while enjoying a glass of red wine post dinner. This is high quality Belgian chocolate that you will surely enjoy even if you (like us) prefer the dark chocolate.
-

No comments: