Saturday, June 13, 2020

Vintage Seiko Chronograph 6138-0017

My collection of Seiko watches include this vintage automatic chronograph. The 6138-0017 is among the most sought after chronograph models that is fondly called a UFO by collectors. This model arguably is in the company of the Seiko Kakume and the JPS chronographs.


Side view showing the crown and the chronograph buttons
The other side view
Case back showing the model and movement number as well as the serial number indicating this watch to have been manufactured in February 1973 - the year and month when I turned one!
Close-up showing the lumed hands and the two sub dials.
The obligatory wrist shot - note how big this watch is!
I have yet to find an aftermarket stainless steel band for this watch. In the meantime, I had been using a nato strap that I also used for my other watches.
-

No comments: