Saturday, June 20, 2020

Vintage Seiko Lord Matic 5606-6080, another BMBY

I wrote about a couple of birth month, birth year watches that I had. Unfortunately, both were kept at my office and I only had photos of the Seiko Actus that I posted a couple of months ago. Here are photos of the LM (Lordmatic) Special.

The elegant black dial has day and date features. Day settings can be in English or Kanji (i.e., kinyobi or Friday as shown in the photo)
Side view showing the crown
The other side view
Case back showing the model number, and the serial number indicating this to have been manufactured in February 1972.
A wrist shot I took yesterday at the start of work
Close up of the dial showing the watch model at the bottom that matches the one on the case back
This is a rather small-looking watch. It actually measures 35mm wide but looks smaller because of the dial and case combination. Keeps time and has a decent power reserve. The Cal. 5606A movement runs at 21,600 beats per hour and potentially has a 46 hours on it on a full charge (regular use).
-

No comments: