Thursday, October 13, 2022

Bakkwa in Manila

One of the stores we "discovered" while in Robinsons Manila was a familiar one that we usually saw in Singapore - Bee Cheng Hiang. The store sells the very popular bakkwa, which my relatives fondly call Singapore's version of tocino. I wasn't able to take a photo of the shop as I thought I would look like a tourist but we did purchase some to take home including a pack of pork floss.


I made small talk with the vendor and asked him if they had any other branches in Manila. When he replied they didn't, I asked about the store in Binondo that was supposed to be located at a popular discount mall there (I had read about this previously and thought that was the branch in Manila.). I was informed that that was not a legit branch and that the only one is really this store in Robinsons Manila. We'll soon be traveling to Singapore, which would be our first travel overseas since December 2019. We'll probably purchase bakkwa at Changi prior to our return flight.

-

No comments: