Sunday, October 9, 2022

Vintage Seiko 6139-6032 "Coke Pogue"

Outside the very common gold and blue varieties of the models collectively referred to as Pogues, there are three rarer models. One features the Pepsi bezel and a silver dial, the second a Pepsi bezel and teal dial, and another features a Coke bezel and black dial. The black dial is the more desirable for me and have searched for one that is affordable. These Coke pogues can be very expensive and its difficult to find one with the original parts. I found one but with a replacement bezel. This one's the Japanese release model with the Speed Timer under the Seiko logo.

The watch features a black dial with day and date complications. The sub dial is part of the chronograph and not for a second hand like other sub dials. The day feature is in English and Japanese (Kanji).
-
Side view showing the crown and chronograph buttons

The other side view of the watch head

Case back showing the correct model number and a serial number indicating this to be manufactured in June 1972.

Close up of the dial showing the correct dial number. The lumes are no longer working for both the hands and hour markers.

Wrist shot after I replaced the leather strap with a stainless steel bracelet I got in reserve.

This watch has become a favorite and a regular in my rotation. I even use it for my walks on campus.

I currently have the blue 6139-6002, a true Pogue 6139-6005, and this 6139-6032. I'm not sure I would be able to get one of the silver or teal dial pogues who knows what the future will bring? Meanwhile, I am happy to have what I have in my collection.

-

No comments: