Friday, October 28, 2022

Cup Noodle - another guilty pleasure

I was at another nearby supermarket yesterday to pick up some items before we go on a trip for this Undas break. They have an imported foods section there and on instinct, I grabbed a couple of the Cup Noodle there. This wasn't the plastic cup version that's manufactured out of Thailand or Indonesia but the one from Japan. It was also not the Curry variant that I still don't like.

A hot serving of Cup Noodle was one of my guilty pleasures when I was a student in Japan. It remains so today and I buy these from time to time for some sentimental snack or meal.
 

The university cooperative or Coop had their version of this and cleverly branded as Coop Noodle. I had several cups of these stashes in my home and lab caches. I even brought home a six pack when I finally went home after obtaining my degree in Japan. I know it's not healthy to consume these frequently but once in a while I guess is okay. I even gave some to our daughter who said it was good. Of course, I won't recommend she eat these instant stuff and make sure she eats healthy food.

-

No comments: