Thursday, December 1, 2022

Another Seiko 7015-7010 Flyback Chronograph

We begin the last month of 2022 with a watch feature. I acquired another, more pristine Seiko 7015-7010 flyback chronograph when the opportunity presented itself. Here are photos of the my more recent chronograph.

Seiko 7015-7010 Flyback Chronograph from the 1970s.

The case back is correct and the serial number show that the watch was manufactured in January 1973. Similar to my first 7015-7010, this is the birth month and birth year of my wife.

Side view showing the crown and the chrono buttons

The other side view showing the overall good condition of the watch

Close-up of the dial showing the clear markers and prints, the day and date displays (I set the day in Kanji). The inner bezel is not faded and rotates. The chrono hand resets to zero.

The obligatory wrist shot with some sunlight providing a clear photo of the watch.


And here it is side by side with the more beat-up watch I had:

Note the correct chronograph hand (yellow) compared to the replacement hand on the watch on the right. Note also the more beat-up condition of the dial and bezels on the right.

I replaced the bracelet after I found an extension to the buckle. I am now pondering whether I should let go of one or keep it in case I need parts or have the opportunity for a restoration.

-

No comments: