Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Replacing the bracelet of my Mido diver

Another pin connecting the links of the bracelet of my favorite Mido Ocean Star diver failed and I ended up using duct tape to keep the bracelet together. This was the second time I had a pin broke (likely from wear and tear) and I thought perhaps I should get a replacement. Doing a quick search on eBay, I found an original replacement bracelet and did not hesitate to purchase one.

The old bracelet had a problem with a pin connecting the links. To be specific, the screws at the end of one pin holding them failed and the end was stuck, making it too difficult to replace the pin.

I detached the old bracelet from the watch using my Swiss knife, which had a precision tool for this purpose. The same tool is used to remove some links for a good fit on the wrist.

The replacement bracelet was neatly packaged.

With the complete links on the replacement bracelet, I was able to adjust it for a good fit to my wrist. It's a good thing there are legitimate replacement bracelets on the market. I actually tinkered with purchasing a titanium bracelet that was also a good fit but is for the titanium model of my watch. That would probably not have ended well as the titanium bracelet is noticeably darker than the stainless steel variant.

-

No comments: