Saturday, February 25, 2023

The Seiko Eiko Philippine Eagle 6R35-02L0

Despite last year's unexpected acquisition of the Sunrise, I think the top catch was the Philippine Eagle. I already wrote about the watch early this month but not in my usual manner of documenting my watches. Following are photos of the Eiko, SPB345J1.

The watch is a sumo model featuring red and burgundy combinations for the dial and bezel. There is a date complication.

Side view showing the crown at 4 o'clock. Some people have opined that the crown should have been signed considering the price of the watch.

The other side view

I use the original oyster bracelet instead of the extra strap that came with the watch. While I have many straps that I can use with this, I usually go with the default strap.

This is the latest limited edition released to the Philippine market. This one is number 639 of 1,000 produced.

A close-up of the textured dial and the hands.

 
Here's a lume shot I took while in the tunnel access to the Angono Petroglyphs site.

Here's a wrist shot prior to our exit via the tunnel.

The watch is powered by a Cal. 6R35 that runs at 21,600 A/h and has a potential power reserve of ~70 hours. This is so far the superior movement among the three official Philippine release models. It can be hand wound and has a hacking feature (the second hand stops when you adjust the time setting). I have all three official Philippine market release models. Their value have increased significantly (I wouldn't say dramatically) as there are limited numbers in the market and some people seem to have hoarded many units to sell for a sizeable profit (you can easily see posts for the Tubbataha, Sunrise and Eiko on FB, for example, that has at least +5000 pesos above the  original SRP of the watch). I wonder if Seiko will be releasing another Limited Edition for the Philippine market this 2023.

-

No comments: