Wednesday, February 8, 2023

The Seiko Eiko - SPB345J1

I have not written about or taken nice photos of last year's most significant acquisition - Seiko's third 'official' Philippine Limited Edition Prospex watch, the Eiko. I already have the first (the Tubbataha - a monster) and the second (the Philippines Sunrise - a pagong or turtle). This time, they released a 'sumo' model that's named after an actual Philippine Eagle rescued in Davao the brand adopted and will support in raising. Eiko means "fluorishing" or "prosperous" in Japanese and these words might just describe many a collector's watches or their economic status to collect these.

A typical wrist shot of the Eiko. It's not my first as I have worn the watch several times since I acquired it last year.

Outdoors with the Eiko. I haven't taken this swimming yet. That will be in Panglao during the Holy Week break. Of course, I will bring along my favorite Mido for that trip.

I purposely took this photo in the sun to bring out the texture of the dial. That texture is not noticeable in the other photo as well as if you look at the watch casually.

I will write about this watch in a more proper manner in another article. That should have photos to show the watch features and specs.

-

No comments: