Friday, March 10, 2023

Back to badminton?

The wife and I have been reminiscing about the times we played badminton with friends and officemates (hers and mine on separate venues). There used to be a badminton boom and many courts sprouted around Metro Manila in particular. I recall we played regularly at three venues in Quezon City (Yellow Feather, Kalayaan and another court along C5 in what is now the Nuvoland condo beside All Day (which used to be a Shopwise). We also played sometime in Makati and on another court along EDSA near Polymedic Hospital. Fast forward to the present and there are fewer courts nowadays. Near our place, there are even fewer good courts. By good I mean well-ventilated and easily accessible. Of course, it would be good to have adequate parking space, too.

So crawling along Felix Avenue in Cainta, near my parents' home, I was surprised to see this sign of  Cainta Badminton Court. This is located at the Bazaar City, which is a complex of warehouses that has been converted into a bazaar, food park and an Land Transportation Office (LTO) branch (where you can renew your license or register your vehicle). While it is kilometers from home, it is along my usual commute and many of my childhood friends whom I know play badminton (I played with them during the boom.) reside nearby. From the photos in their Facebook page, the courts seem spacious. I will likely check the place out one time to see for myself and the check their rates.

Sign just outside Bazaar City along Felix Avenue and just across from the SM Hypermarket
 

-

No comments: