Monday, September 4, 2023

Back to badminton?

I have not played serious badminton in over a decade. My daughter took badminton lessons during the school break and now enthusiastically plays street badminton with her friends. We got her an inexpensive racket from the Yonex store at SM Megamall and another one from Decathlon. Inspired by this development and also playing street badminton with her some afternoons, I decided to bring out the old rackets from storage so I can use them. The grips were already deteriorated and it was a bit difficult to remove them from the rackets.

The deteriorating grip on one of my rackets

I also removed the grip from another racket though it was not as bad the other

My two rackets are in great condition despite being almost 20 years old

One is a Yonex racket I bought in Fukuoka in 2003. The Wilson racket I got in Bangkok before I got the Yonex racket.

Muscle Power is an old series from Yonex. Hyper Carbon is also an old model from Wilson.

Both rackets are in great condition including the strings. After changing the grip on the Wilson racket, I could use it again to play (at least on the street). We're scouting for badminton courts near our place so we can play there and our daughter can probably take more lessons to improve her skills and play.

-

No comments: