Wednesday, November 8, 2023

A vintage Gruen Geneve watch with sub second

I found this watch tucked away in one of my storage containers. I had forgotten about this watch that I acquired before the pandemic. The style is like the Gruen Precision sub dial that was the first James Bond watch. That's a Gruen Precision 510, which is quite costly to acquire especially if you're looking for one in great condition.

Gruen Geneve featuring a sub second dial

Side view showing the crown

The other side view showing a relatively pristine dial

Case back indicating the watch to be water resistant and made of stainless steel

Close-up of the sub-dial and the 'Swiss Made' at the bottom of the dial

I have not opened the watch and I seem to have misplaced a stock photo of the movement so I currently don't know the movement for this model. I recall though that Gruen also made in-house movements and for all I know, there might be a Gruen Cal. 510 inside this watch.

-

No comments: