Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Seiko 5 Sports 55th Anniversary Ultraseven Limited Edition - SRPJ79 on oyster bracelet

I wrote about this limited edition watch that I acquired early this year. I just wanted to feature it again as it has become a regular for my rotation especially after I changed the strap to a stainless steel bracelet. There is also this 4th Philippine Limited Edition watch that just came out yesterday that to me is a bit underwhelming after the first three releases the past years. The only thing notable about it I think is the price, which is on the expensive side of the model series.

The watch features day and date complications, an elegant rotating dial and a sweeping second hand with a red tip.

Side view showing the crown

The other side view

The case back is transparent with an image of the Ultraseven character. It also shows the model number 4R36-14S0.

A closer look shows the watch to be number 3043 of  only 3400 made.

Close up of the dial - TDG-UG stands for Terrestrial Defense Force - Ultra Guard

An even closer look showing the very small dial number at the bottom of the dial

A more recent wrist shot

Wrist shot when I first got the watch


The watch came with the nylon strap in the last photo. I changed it so I can wear it more frequently without worrying about the strap becoming dirty or wet (rains or perspiration) especially if I will use it for field work.

More information on the watch at Seiko: https://www.seikowatches.com/no-en/products/5sports/special/ultraseven/index

-

No comments: