Sunday, November 26, 2023

Back in Davao after 4 years

I was in Davao last week for a national convention. The last time I was there was in August 2019 and before the pandemic so it was a welcome trip for me. Back then and probably even now, Davao was riding high after 3 years of Digong as President. I am glad that Davao is still rapidly progressing. It has so much potential with or without the Dutertes holding key posts in government.

Welcome set-up for delegates to our convention at the Francisco Bangoy Airport

There was also a cultural show upon our arrival.

I have close relatives in Davao City (a first cousin has taken up residence there with his second family after returning from a stint in China). I didn't inform them, however, of my trip as my schedule was quite tight. I did manage to squeeze in a lunch meeting with very close friends who lived near the airport. I will be back in Davao again and hopefully sooner than later. That would preferably be for leisure than for work. That should afford me more time for reunions with relatives and friends in Davao.

-

No comments: