Monday, December 18, 2023

Flashback at the bookstore

Last weekend, we were at a small branch of a popular bookstore that is located at the mall near our place. As the wife and daughter were getting some items, I browsed the shelves to see what books were there. I was surprised to see many old books and was quite amused to see a few ones that gave e a flashback to my college days - Introduction to Turbo Pascal Programming, Visual Foxpro and Foxpro. The first one is the programming language we learned at the time. The last two are database software also from that time.

Books at a National Bookstore shelf

I wonder if these software were still being used today considering its 33 years since the first time I encountered them. Perhaps there are other books like these that are still in other branches?

-

No comments: