Saturday, July 2, 2011

Inflight photography

The first time I traveled by plane was when I was a toddler. I already have memories of looking out the window as my father pointed out islands, mountains and buildings in what was probably my earliest lessons in geography. I always took a window seat whenever I would be flying to a new place like my first times to travel to countries like Japan and Thailand, and local destinations like Palawan and Bohol. One gets to see landmarks we used to read about in grade school textbooks and which capture our imaginations and pique our curiosities when the opportunity to see these up close and personal comes by. That's why I always have my camera ready to take photos and I do try to take ones whenever I choose a window seat on a plane. What follows are a few shots from a recent trip to Leyte and Samar. It was a good thing the weather was good enough to take photos of familiar landmarks. Only this time, all shot were taken from a plane.

San Juanico Bridge linking Leyte and Samar

Mayon Volcano blocking low clouds

Sangley Point airport in Cavite

The new NLEX-C5 interchange
(I sharpened the photo a bit as the original was blurry due to haze.)

Bonifacio Global City with the Makati skyline in the background

The TESDA reverse pyramid building along SLEX

No comments: