Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Pacific Sunrise

I have no memories of looking over the Pacific Ocean from the Philippines apart from glances during a drive from Manila to Tuguegarao, Cagayan a 3 years ago and some short visits to Mauban, Quezon 5 years ago. I had never stayed long enough to appreciate the sunrise over this great body of water while having experienced great sunsets from places like Bohol, Manila Bay, Cebu and Vigan. I finally found an opportunity for some quick, unplanned shots of a majestic sunrise over the Pacific Ocean when I happened to stay in Taft, Eastern Samar last week. It was actually the perfect place to be in, staying at a beach resort looking out across the ocean with the morning breeze gently brushing by. I took a couple of shots with my BlackBerry Bold and voila! Pacific Sunrise!



I bet I can do better with my Canon Ixy and definitely much much better if I had a DSLR. I am, however, content with my shot and the experience that's now in my memory, and which even a professional camera cannot perhaps approximate.

No comments: