Thursday, July 28, 2011

Six of seven

I will be flying again to Singapore tomorrow in what would be my 7th overseas trip this year. Of the seven, six have been to Singapore, which I now regard as a home away from home given that we have a residence there. The only month I haven't been to Singapore has been last May when the Clairvoyant went to the US but passed by Manila along the way. I have already booked perhaps all my trips to Singapore until the end of the year with flights scheduled this August, September and October. In November, I will be traveling with the Clairvoyant on our first trip together to the US as we meet with friends and family in the Bay Area and Los Angeles. She will be taking her Christmas vacation here so I won't be traveling to Singapore in December.

It's quite tough being away from each other but the technology these days at least help alleviate whatever loneliness one might feel. Skype, Gmail and Yahoo! all have video chat features that allow for us to talk real-time given that we both have decent internet access at home.

I've packed my bags and my four-wheeler's already in the office. Tomorrow I will fly again and spend the weekend at our home (away from home). Harry Potter is in the itinerary and we're supposed to have lunch with friends Saturday. Perhaps some time, too, at the museum on Sunday after Mass to see the terracotta warriors on loan from China. It will be a busy weekend but one that will surely be fun and allow for me to recharge my batteries after some draining work the past weeks.

No comments: