Wednesday, July 13, 2011

More at the Garden

I forgot to include in the previous posting two excellent and very elegant photo taken by the Clairvoyant with her trusty BlackBerry Torch at the Botanical Gardens in Singapore. These two are actually my favorites as they also bring back memories of Nikko National Park in Tochigi Prefecture north of Tokyo. The lake in the photo below presents an almost perfect reflection of the flora and evokes a certain serenity that would surely make one appreciate the gift of nature and how it can make us feel relaxed, calm.


I like the second photo below because of the combination of colors and the swan just going about its business. I also remember from this photo a picture I took of two swans swimming along the moat of Nagoya Castle in Japan. Unfortunately, this was among those lost in Typhoon Ketsana's floods, along with other photos I took during travels when I was in Japan from 1996 to 1999.


I already am looking forward to the next visit to Singapore, our home away from home. Perhaps the Clairvoyant and I would be taking a nice stroll in the Botanical Gardens and share appreciation of its beauty. Perhaps, too, we can bring a better camera and take more photos for posterity.

No comments: