Tuesday, April 10, 2012

At the movies - Sequel to the Clash

I finally got to watch a movie at the theater after maybe more than three months. The reason is not that I had no time for a viewing but that there was no movie I felt I needed to watch. It's one thing to sit there and be disappointed ("I wonder why I watched this movie?") and its very similar to feel you could have done better doing other things. I was quite curious for "Wrath of the Titans" after feeling that aside from the special effects, it wasn't as good as the original. This time around was slightly better but I again feel they could have done better with the plot. So this evening's screening was only slightly enjoyable for me though it essentially launches my cinema schedule for 2012.

On my radar are the following movies with numbers 1 to 5 in that particular order:
1. The Hobbit
2. Avengers
3. The Amazing Spiderman
4. The Dark Knight Rises
5. Men in Black 3
6. Battleship
7. Ice Age 4 - Continental Drift
8. Despicable Me 2
9. Les Miserables
10. The Expendables 2

Others I would most likely watch would be:
Skyfall
The Bourne Legacy
Madagascar 3 - Europe's Most Wanted
Snow White and the Huntsman

Other films I would probably consider as they come along. These include those that have not been hyped so much but would be delightful to watch. In the past, such movies have included Love Actually, Taken, and The Hangover.

It's not so easy to watch a movie by yourself unless that's what you generally do. In my case, the past year saw me schedule my cinema time so I could watch movies with the Clairvoyant in Singapore. I guess this will be the case until maybe July when she most likely will return home and we will continue our adventures together including watching films together.
-
 

No comments: