Friday, April 20, 2012

Flashback: Field Surveys in Urdaneta, Pangasinan

A friend found some old photos from field surveys we undertook for a nationwide study on inter-regional passenger and freight flow. The photos bring back a lot of memories about those challenging surveys that required us to stop vehicles and interview drivers and passengers. Though we were assisted by the PNP, we had mixed experiences during the surveys. There were some who were rude but most were kind enough to indulge us in our data gathering. The following photos were taken on July 29, 2004 at roadside in Urdaneta, Pangasinan as I and our staff Alorna Abao was heading to Baguio City with Mang Dulo (Odo) as our driver. I stopped by the station along McArthur Highway to pick up Alorna who was on my good friend Karl Vergel's team. I was coming from my own station in Capas, Tarlac and we had to do recon in Baguio. I remember our strategy was to do "city hopping" all the way to Ilocos for our surveys.

From L-R: Ernie Abaya, Roy Velasco, Regin Regidor, Karl Vergel, Alorna Abao and Dulo Odo

From L-R: Leo Luangco, Roy Velasco, Regin Regidor, Karl Vergel, Alorna Abao, Dulo Odo
I will be posting more photos from our surveys in 2004 in the succeeding days.
-

No comments: