Sunday, May 20, 2012

Happy birthdays!

It's my sister Lani's birthday today and we had our own party at our parents' home in Cainta where we all grew up. Her family was there so I had fun with the niece and the nephew, both of whom I haven't seen in quite a while since my brother had a second floor constructed for our house. For some reason, we just couldn't synchronize our visits to our parents' home and usually these were very short visits due to the chaos all around the house because of the project. Now, with the project completed, we're able to resume our Sunday get-togethers.

We've always enjoyed cakes but then with my niece and nephew having some allergies to nuts, we couldn't buy just any cake. Also, Goldilocks and Red Ribbon seem to be so ordinary (unless you order a cake for special occasions) and our status these days (laughs) allow us to get better cakes. I had Chocolate Kiss or Mom and Tina's in mind and would have gone to the PowerPlant mall or Eastwood to get really good cakes from their weekend specials but just didn't have time. They were out of the way and so I ended up in White Plains where located along Katipunan is a humble place where we could always get good cake - Gateau de Manille. As usual, there were many to select from and I had the full attention of the staff as I was there from when the store opened this morning.


Scrumptious - Gateau de Manille never fails to satisfy our sweet teeth

I opted for Tiramisu, after consulting my sister on the cell phone and remembering we had mousse the last time.   -



No comments: