Monday, May 21, 2012

Mothers' Day

It's a week late or a year early but perhaps it can never be really early or late for Mothers' Day. In fact, I believe we should honor our mothers everyday for all the sacrifices they have made in raising us, making sure we grew up to be respectful, kind, productive citizens. There are, of course, exceptions to this but the bottom line is that whether a person is one's biological or adoptive mother, I am sure that the love given or shared is nurturing and true. Ibang usapan na if the child refuses to or doesn't accept or understand this, for one reason or another. That would indeed be a tragedy.

My brother found a couple of photos of Mama while looking through unsorted stuff from when they tried to recover items from the ravages of Ondoy (Ketsana) in 2009. Immediately, he notified me of the find and I picked up the photos yesterday for me to scan them and maybe preserve them for the future. I  post the two photos I scanned of my mother from a time we now refer to as classic or nostalgic. These are actually studio shots from the 1960's when people did prepare for their photo shoots. Those were the times when you had to make appointments and dressed up for your photos. The following photos of Caridad Fajardo Regidor were probably taken in her maiden years while living with her elder sister in Manila.



I look forward to more old photo finds that I can scan and preserve. It is not so easy to find these but maybe there are more somewhere in Sorsogon and Iloilo that our relatives have somewhere (old albums?).
-

No comments: