Saturday, June 2, 2018

Chocolate review: Alluvia 70% dark chocolate

Reviewing our stash of chocolates, I found that we had a few more bars from my trip to Vietnam last year. I picked this bar of Alluvia dark chocolate (I am usually the designated picker from our cache.). This one had a "Best Before August 2018" on it so I thought it's ripe for the picking.

Nice and simple package design for this chocolate that's proudly made in Vietnam
This is a very good chocolate that's probably under the radar of those shopping for souvenirs in Vietnam.
Details about the chocolate state that the cocoa is from beans produced in an area along the Mekong Delta. The cocoa content is 70%.
Gold foil wrap for the chocolate
The chocolate bar bears the brand.

The chocolate is smooth and just had a hint of bitter that should be expected from a 70% cacao bar. The 100g chocolate bar retailed for 8 USD (about 400PHP at the time). It is on the expensive side but this is high quality chocolate that's comparable in taste if not better than other more expensive chocolates that I've had. There is another Alluvia bar that we had just recently and I will be writing about that soon.
-

No comments: