Friday, June 1, 2018

Helbros alarm vintage watch

We begin the month of June with one of my favorite watches in my collection, which is this one with an alarm feature. Yes, you read that correctly - an alarm feature. This is not an unusual thing for watches as there are many other models from various brands that have alarms including Seiko's bellmatic watches.

The watch has an elegant face showing four hands. The hour and minute hands are syringe-shaped. The red 4th hand is the indicator for the alarm, which is set "on" when you pull the crown on the 2 o'clock position. You set the alarm "off" when you push the crown back. There is also the date feature on the watch.
The watch is waterproof, anti-magnetic, and an incabloc shock resistance.
Side view showing the two crowns
Another side view showing the really good condition this vintage watch is in
The watch is a regular in my rotation and here it is on my wrist as I recently corrected exams.
I recently had the watch serviced but was not able to take a photo of the movement. The photo above is from the seller and my suking watch serviceman tells me the watch is in great condition.

Based on my limited research, this watch is supposed to have an AS 1568 movement that beats at 18,000 A/h and lasting for about 46 hours on a full wind. I have observed it several times reaching a maximum of 45 hours. This is also a favorite of my daughter as she is amused with the alarm feature, which she says is like the sound of an insect.
-

No comments: