Monday, June 4, 2018

Chocolate review: Alluvia Chocolate Cocoa Nibs

I mentioned a second Alluvia bar. I opened this while the Clairvoyant was away last May but felt I had to seeing the 'Best Before' to be a year after the production date. It was a good excuse. :)

Alluvia's dark chocolate with cocoa nibs
Details on the chocolate at the back of the package including the price tag
The cacao used for the chocolate is from an area in the Mekong Delta
There's no mention about the minimum cacao content and not so much details about the nutritional value.
The wrapper reminded me of the movie "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" with its golden ticket
Seal for this high quality chocolate
This bar turned out to be a good one despite it being way past the "Best Before" indication. I didn't get a tummy ache from eating this chocolate (over a few days) so I think its time in the refrigerator preserved it enough. It was not as smooth as the first Alluvia bar but then perhaps that's because I didn't eat it at at time it was supposed to be eaten. Add to that the cocoa nibs infused in the chocolate that also influenced the taste. I would recommend this chocolate for those who go to Vietnam and want to find some nice souvenirs. The quality, for me, was a pleasant but not a big surprise considering they should be able to grow high quality cacao in Vietnam where they already produce top quality coffee.
-

No comments: