Sunday, June 3, 2018

Laco manual wind vintage watch

An interesting watch in my collection is this Laco, which I got from a seller from Greece. This is the same one I got my Helbros alarm from. This is a watch from 1937, and easily the oldest in my collection. It is older than my Jaeger (ca. 1948) and my Timor (ca. 1945/46).

The watch has a simple face with a width of 33mm except for the crown. The lighting doesn't do justice on this watch.
The side view provides a better angle for appreciation of the patina on this watch.
Another side view showing an old watch in very good condition
A clear view of the crown

The watch back is pristine and shows gold plating and Laco emblem
This watch does not have spring bars but has a bar solidly connecting the lugs. I was glad it came with a customized strap as it would be difficult to find straps for this beauty.
This reads: 20 microns gold-plated
I have not opened the watch but it is supposed to have been recently serviced. The photo above of the Durowe 410 movement is from the seller. This beats at 18,000 A/h and is supposed to last about 40 hours on a full wind.
Here's a photo of the watch on my wrist as I submitted grades last Friday.
The watch keeps very good time. On a full wind, it is supposed to last about 40 hours. I timed it to about 43 hours! This came as a pleasant surprise for this 81-year old gem of a timepiece that's made in Germany.
-

No comments: