Sunday, July 8, 2018

Seiko automatic 7005-6020

My father-in-law gave me this watch upon learning I was collecting old watches. He had not used this watch for quite some time and he had a few, too. Nowadays, he wore the Seiko 5 we gave him on Christmas the year of his 70th birthday.

I took this photo when I got the watch earlier this year. It has an odd shape and a design that screamed 1970s. The watch also has a date feature.
Watch model and water resistance
I replaced the old bracelet (the original one) with this nato strap.
Side view
Side view showing the crown, which appears to be partially hidden

I don't have a photo of the movement but it is a Seiko 7005A, which runs at 21,600 bph and had a power reserve of 43 hours. I replace the bracelet as it was tight on my wrist. It's also now more wearable as a casual watch.

[Note: The online Seiko Production Date Calculator estimates this watch to have been manufactured in June 1973. That means it is a 45-year old watch. 7/19/2018]
-

No comments: