Saturday, August 11, 2018

Another Enicar automatic vintage watch

This is my fourth Enicar watch and one I got a bit recently. The opportunity presented itself and so I took it. :) Old Enicar watches are collectible and this one's a more contemporary one compared to my other three vintage watches.

The design tells me its from the 1970s but I have watches of similar body shape that are from the 1960s.
The back is a bit worn probably from too much polishing from the previous owner(s). You can still make out what's indicated on the case back
Side view showing what seems to be a generic crown. These watches would usually have a signed crown (i.e., the Enicar logo).
Side view
The watch on my wrist - it is big and on the heavy side for watches

I wear the watch every now and then and it keeps good time. The power storage though is quite low as after wearing it during the daytime, it only lasts a little over 2 hours before it stops. It maybe time for some maintenance?

I recently encountered the watch brand as I was window shopping at Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport prior to my flight back home. Upon seeing the watches on display, I can definitely say that the designs are on the ghastly side, and trying to copy the designs we usually see on Rolexes. The original founders and makers of this watch would definitely disapprove of how the watches still bearing their brand are made today.

[Note: I let go of the watch and it was easily sold recently through a site run by friends. 9/3/2018]
-

No comments: