Friday, August 3, 2018

Omega De Ville vintage watch

My first watch feature for this month is about one that I don't get to wear as the Clairvoyant 'sequestered' it. It is really a men's wristwatch but can be easily and aptly worn by ladies as well.

This vintage Omega has a simple face with baton hands. There is no second hand and complications such as day or date display.
Side view showing the signed crown
A view of the other side. This watch has been restored/refurbished so it looks brand new.
Case back - I don't have a photo of the movement but this watch runs on a Cal. 625, which is a manual wind that beats at 21,600 A/h with a power reserve of 42 hours. I have seen the movement myself and my suking watchman attests to its being genuine. I haven't timed it but it lasts the whole day and is usually wound the next morning.
One of the few times I had the watch on my wrist :)

I had it recently serviced as the wife complained it was running too slow. The watch now keeps good time and is on her rotation with her favorite Hampton and weekend Swatch.

-

No comments: