Saturday, September 1, 2018

The other moonwatch - Bulova Quartz Chronograph

It's September and we jokingly state that its the start of the Christmas season in the Philippines. The 'ber' months as we call it basically usher in a general anticipation to a season a lot of people, not just children, look forward to. Well, Christmas came a bit early this year as the most recent addition to my collection is another moon watch.

The crown jewel of my collection is a moon watch that I saved for a long time before the opportunity presented itself for me to purchase one brand new. There is, however, another watch model that was officially certified and used for a moon landing.

I rarely show the box as most of my watches are old or vintage ones. But this one came in its original box so I'm including these for full documentation.
Inside the box is the manual and the certificate of authenticity
The watch came complete with a replacement nato strap and the springbar tool for replacements.
Interesting (for me) dial showing its chronograph and date features. The dial measures 45mm not including the crown so this is a big watch.
Side view showing the signed crown and the buttons for the chronograph functions.
The other side view
Case back stating the watch's pedigree. This watch runs on a high precision 262 KHz quartz movement.
Here's a different wrist shot I took as I left the office one evening.
This watch has a battery and I currently don't know how long this will last but its a small price to pay for this piece, which to me is an iconic watch.
-

No comments: