Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Longines vintage automatic watch

I acquired this Longines a while back but have not had the chance to document it. I showed it to the wife who now shares my love for vintage watches and voila! Its hers. :) Here are some photos after I recently had the watch serviced.

The watch after I removed the leather strap it came with that I thought wasn't appropriate for the piece.
Side view showing what appears as a jeweled crown
Another side view of the watch
The back is simple and only has the serial number
The watch after I replaced the leather strap with a softer one as requested by the wife who now uses it.
This is also another gold-plated watch and the hallmark is still visible despite the scratches.

This runs on a Longines 994.1 automatic movement, which beats at 28,800 A/h and a power reserve of up to 40h. The movement came out in 1977 so this watch might be from the latter part of the 1970s or early 1980s. which makes it about 40 years old. Here are photos of the movement and the inside of the back when I inspected the watch upon claiming it from my suking serviceman.

The movement is still in very good condition.
The inside of the back cover indicates the serial number and the movement.

-

No comments: