Friday, December 28, 2018

On my other hobbies and collections

Readers of this blog may have noted that I most often write about two topics: chocolates and watches. I have written many times about me and my wife's love for chocolates and share about the new ones we've eaten here. We love chocolates so much that we have also invested in farming of the main ingredient, which is cacao.

My brother recently gifted me with a Mazinger Z DIY from Bandai. He was in Tokyo recently (his first time to travel to Japan) and did some quick shopping for pasalubong in between his busy schedule there (it was a business trip).

Parts of the model figure of the super robot to be assembled - this was not unlike the Gundam's I've purchased and assembled before.
My other two models are made of die cast metal. I don't recall my reason for not getting a Mazinger Z before during my stays in Japan. Perhaps it was because I was looking to buy a really good model? I was quite meticulous about my Voltes V and was quick to purchase the UFO Grendaizer when a special edition came out just when I was in Tokyo one time.
This was just like putting together a Gundam (I had 2 but both perished in Ondoy's floods in 2009).
Here are the three models now on display in my part of our main shelves in our living room. The models are of the same scale so one can appreciate how large each super robot was compared to the other. Voltes V is the biggest among the three.

I will write about other 'passions' later. That includes other hobbies and collections that I have indulged in before including philately (yes, I used to collect stamps).
-

No comments: