Thursday, September 19, 2019

Another Glashutte spezichron

A more recent acquisition for my vintage watch collection is another Glashutte spezichron. I think this was my 6th or 7th vintage Glashutte not counting one that acquired for spare parts to repair my diver. That one was sold as a defective unit so it wasn't running in the first place when I bought it. My repair guy kept it as a future source of parts if one of my Glashuttes with the same movement needs repairs.

The cream dial is set on a cushion case. The watch has both day and date features.
Side view showing the crown and giving some emphasis on the raised hour markers.
The other side view
Case back showing the watch to be of stainless steel, shock and water resistant. It also states the watch to be Made in the German Democratic Republic (East Germany). Note, too, the lug size for this piece.
The obligatory wrist shot
Close-up of the cream dial showing it to be in great condition
This watch is powered by a GUB Cal. 11-27 running at 28,800 A/h with a potential power reserve of 37h. Its the same caliber movement as my two spezichron divers.

-

No comments: