Sunday, September 29, 2019

Vintage Junghans automatic watch

I unloaded a vintage Junghans in favor of this automatic model. I already have another vintage manual wind Junghans so that's something like one of each type for this German brand in my collection. I thought this one looked sleek and it turned out to be a reliable one that you could use daily. Unfortunately, I have others that are part of my regular rotation so this one's still trying to get a slot in that rotation.

The watch has a date feature
Side view showing the crown
The other side view
Case back showing the watch to be shock and waterproof and the case to be of stainless steel
Wrist shot the first time I used the watch
Wrist shot showing the lumes
The lumes on this watch are in great condition as shown in this photo.
Here's another wrist shot
This watch has a J651.10 movement running at 18,000 beats per hour with a power reserve of 42 hours when used regularly, The movement dates this watch to have been made sometime between 1963 and 1973.
Needless to say but this Junghans watch is safe from the current culling that I am doing to many watches in my collection. Watches in such good condition such as this one is hard to come and this brand is collectible though not like Glashutte, which has evolved to become a luxury brand.
-

No comments: