Saturday, September 28, 2019

Simple pleasures

One time we were at the neighborhood mall, we decided to have some soft serve ice cream for dessert after a hearty yakiniku and shabu-shabu lunch. We spotted this stall selling some inexpensive soft serve ice cream and they had many kids as customers so we got one cone each to enjoy while walking around.

Soft serve ice cream on a waffle cone dipped into chocolate syrup (shell?).
Such simple pleasures are typical of what we truly enjoy compared to the more complex (and expensive) treats. I count taho, puto and fishballs as among those I enjoyed and still enjoy from time to time. I haven't tried the "sanitized" scramble I've seen in malls but I had my share of scramble bought from the vendor near the school where I took my elementary and high school.
-

No comments: