Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Vintage Grand Seiko 6145-8000

I end the year with the other Grand Seiko I've recently acquired.  It's practically the same as the 6146
except that this only has a date feature. Here's a nice reference article for the Grand Seiko:

The 6145-8000 has only a date feature.
Close up of the dial shows the imperfections.
Side view showing the signed crown
The other side view
The case back shows a medallion in great condition and the serial number indicates this watch to have been manufactured in July 1968.
The obligatory wrist shot


Another wrist shot with this classic Grand Seiko
This watch is powered by a 6145A movement that runs at 36,000 beats per hour. I haven't really timed the watch but it has been quite reliable in terms of both accuracy and power reserve.
This is definitely an everyday watch or beater for those who prefer the term. I can say the same for the 6146 I featured previously. These two just made my rotation more difficult with the selection getting even more crowded. That means lesser wrist times for other watches but I think I can manage; at least with the favorites in my collection.
-

No comments: