Sunday, December 15, 2019

Vintage Zenith Sporto

I have sold my 1949 Zenith a few months ago. But then luck smiled and I was able to acquire this Sporto a couple of weeks ago. It's in excellent shape as the following photos show:

Simple dial with raised hour marks and a second sub-dial
Side view showing the signed crown
The other side view
A clearer view of the signed crown
Case back showing what appears to be the watch's serial number. The two scratches are the only "issues" for this watch.
This watch runs on a Zenith Cal. 40T beating at 18,000A/h with a potential power reserve of 47h. The movement dates the watch to the early 1960s.
The obligatory wrist shot
The watch came in the elegant rally leather strap. It is now part of my somewhat regular rotation. I say somewhat because that rotation is already loaded as far as I am concerned with the Seiko GS and KS also figuring in the share of wrist time. And there are only 7 days a week and I am not accustomed to wearing different watches everyday. Believe it or not but I usually use one watch over 2 to 3 days; longer if I am traveling. In fact, in a recent trip to Singapore, I brought an Omega and a Grand Seiko. I always bring a back-up watch but not exceeding 2 watches per trip.
-

No comments: