Monday, March 30, 2020

Roamer Anfibio vintage watch

I currently have three Roamers - an automatic Sea Rock, a 1950s manual, and this manual Anfibio. the Anfibio model is one of the most well known for Roamer as they patented a water resistant case for this. Here are some photos for the watch in my collection:

The watch has only 2 hands (no second hand) and a date feature.
Side view showing the signed crown
The other side view
It is amusing to find so much information about patents on the case back
Close-up of the signed crown, which I like because it is my initial 'r'
Gold plating mark on the case
Close-up showing the near mint dial and raised hour markers

The watch is technically no longer 'mine' as it caught the wife's fancy. I don't really mind as this one's a bit on the smaller side, measuring 32mm wide and with 16mm lugs. It is quite dependable and easy to wind. Last time I checked, the watch lasted more than 36 hours on a full wind.
-

No comments: