Saturday, April 11, 2020

Chocolate review: Eunoia Chocolate Barks

I got this chocolate from one of those small stores that pop up at weekend bazaars. I only got a few bars to sample as it was the first time I saw these and wasn't sure about the quality. I had bought other bars before that turned out to be inferior or didn't meet expectations at least when compared to the Malagos and Auro chocolates that we thought should be something like a benchmark for Philippine chocolates. The brand name is quite interesting as the word 'Eunoia' refers to the shortest English word containing all 5 vowels. The word is used to refer to a normal state of mental health often equated to a well mind.

This chocolate claims to have 70% cacao content
Details on the chocolate at the back of the box
Nutrition information
This chocolate was manufactured in Tagbilaran City in the Province of Bohol. Bohol is well-known for its peanut kisses and other delicacies and sweets but it was the first time I got chocolates from that Central Visayan island province.
This chocolate was surprisingly good. It did not taste like you were eating raw cacao like other upstart chocolates. My surprise was similar to when I first tasted the dark chocolates I bought in Vietnam. I wasn't expecting them to be as good as dark chocolates from established brands. I think the only issue here is the price of a bar. 370 pesos (about 7.30 USD in today's exchange rate) for a 100g bar is on the expensive side especially for a brand that is not yet established as Malagos or Auro. Will I buy another bar if I see this chocolate again? Definitely, as I believe it is that good.
-

No comments: