Monday, April 13, 2020

More BMBY watches for me

I recently acquired two birth month, birth year watches (BMBY) to add to the one, a King Seiko, that I already have. These are not fancy watches but also vintage Seiko models. One is a Seiko Actus 7019-7070 with its original band. The other is a Seiko Lord Matic (LM) 5206-6080. I got both from sellers in Japan. The Actus is from a seller in Saitama, where I actually stayed - once for 3 months and another for 1.5 months - as a Visiting Scientist. The LM is from Tokyo, where I also resided for 1.5 months but often went to while living in Yokohama for most of 3 years (I say most because I went home a couple of times for vacations.).

Seiko Actus 7019-7070
Seiko Lord Matic (LM)
Both are automatics and have kanji day features on the dial. The Actus is a bit more banged up than the LM but is still functioning well. The LM is in great condition despite not having its original band. The black face is accented by an elegant leather strap. I left both at my office and have to check if I have stock photos that I can post here.
-

No comments: