Thursday, April 23, 2020

Seiko Actus 7019-7070

I had written previously that I have 2 other Seiko birth month, birth year (BMBY) watches in my collection aside from my favorite King Seiko. One is a Lord Matic and the other is this Actus. I only got to wear this maybe a couple of times. I got it cheap and mainly for the novelty or sentimentality of it being a BMBY model.

The dial has simple, raised hour markers but has both day and date features. Days are in English or Kanji (as shown).
Side view showing the crown near 4 o'clock.
The other side view
A clearer look at the crown
Original stainless steel band with 'Seiko 5 Actus' embossed on the clasp
Case back showing the model number (same one that appears on the dial) and the serial number that states this watch to have been manufactured in February 1972. The 7019 movement beats at 21,600 A/h with a potential power reserve of 43h. I haven't really used it as frequently as my other watches but it keeps time and has had a decent reserve based on a few observations.
I don't recall having a wrist shot for this but I think I should get one for posterity, and before I decide whether to retain this or part with it. I had another Actus before and gave it away to a close friend (it was his BMBY model.). This one's in similar shape but has the original strap that fits nicely with my wrist.
-

No comments: