Saturday, May 2, 2020

Garden photos: Golden Tortoise Beetle

It seemed to me that I was running out of things to write about. It turns out there's a lot more to write about and with pictures to share. Here is one of my subjects for my recent interest in nature. The amateur photography employs my iPhone 8. This interest was encouraged by an app developed by National Geographic in collaboration with the California Academy of Sciences. We begin the month of May with what I think are among my better photos of a subject: the Golden Tortoise Beetle, which has the Americas as its origin.




You can download Seek from the app store. It is easy to use and child-friendly so you can have your little one explore and learn about plants, insects and animals. It's not perfect so don't expect that it can identify all those specimens immediately and accurately (e.g., domestic dog for any of your dogs even your pure breeds).

-

No comments: